Tom Coughlan, DBA is currently the Assistant Professor of Marketing at Mercy College, faculty in the University Of Phoenix John Sperling School Of Business (Connecticut ground campus and online) , and an adjunct faculty at both the European School of Economics New York City Campus, and the Manhattan Institute of Management. His fields of practice include management, marketing, and e-business with a particular emphasis on the use of technology to create virtual proximity and increase levels of applied innovation within an organization.
In addition to his academic activities, Dr. Coughlan has over 25 years of field experience as an entrepreneur, consultant, and a marketing / management professional.
- He was a senior manager in a two time INC 500 firm
- He has developed successful worldwide marketing campaigns for some of the world’s largest technology companies
- Has extensive experience in the development and execution of live event marketing campaigns
- Has extensive experience in technology, and professional service marketing
- Has founded two highly successful consulting practices over the past 10 years
- He has done extensive original research in the fields of innovation, virtual proximity, and relationship development